Friday 19 September 2014

The Perfect Cookies Recipe!

I recently made the most delicious cookies ever, and it was a first time attempt... result! I found this awesome recipe online and thought i would share it with you all, so maybe you can give it a go too! *Warning* they are highly addictive.



For this recipe you will need:
300g Caster Sugar
1 Egg
200g Butter
325g Self Raising Flour
Possibly a splash of milk
200g Chocolate (White, Milk or Dark)or you could use two like me! (So 100g of both)

Step 1: Set your oven to 200 degrees celsius.

Step 2: Mix together the sugar and butter. I used an electric whisk as it was a lot quicker, also i cut my butter in to cubes to make it easier to mix. If you are using a handheld electric whisk then you will need a mixing bowl to whisk everything together in.

Step 3: Add the egg to the sugar and butter mixture, then whisk again.

Step 4: Add the flour. You only want to add a little at a time and then whisk, otherwise the whisk will not be able to handle it.

Step 5: I then transferred my mixture to a bowl, however if you were using a handheld electric whisk then your mixture is fine to stay in the bowl it's in. I then added a dash of milk as my mixture was quite crumbly and wasn't all sticking together, if yours is sticking together and could all be rolled in to a ball ignore this step.

Step 6: I seperated half of the mixture in to another bowl as i wanted half the cookies milk and half white. You don't have to do this step if you want a mixture of both chocolate in all the cookies, or if you are only using one type of chocolate. Then i just popped the chunks in to the bowls, and began to move them around all the mixture using my hands, to make sure every bit of the dough had chocolate in.

Step 7: I then rolled the dough in to lumps, and placed them on my baking tray which had grease proof paper on to stop them sticking, and then put them in the oven for 10 minutes.



Step 8: Once cooked they have to cool down for 30 minutes. This will feel like the longest half an hour ever, as you sit there inhaling the beautiful smell of fresh cookies but are unable to eat them.

Et voilĂ ! Oh and if you eat them straight away after the 30 minutes of cooling, the chocolate is still melted in the middle!




Hope you enjoyed this post! What do you think?

Thanks for reading Xx

Liked this post? You can follow me on Bloglovin here!

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

55 comments

  1. MMM yummy they look absolutely incredible, could do with some now ;) xxx



    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean! I wish I still had some to eat! Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so hungry now, I can't remember the last time I made cookies, I just need to buy some chocolate and I can do this thanks for sharing!! xx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh awesome! You will love them if you make them :D xx

      Delete
  3. Ah these look delicious! I love making cookies, so easy! :)
    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are really easy to make and taste so good! Xx

      Delete
  4. I've tried something similar to this and they came out amazing! The problem was I ate them all myself hahah xx

    Aisling | rosysmiles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't worry I ate a LOT of them too! Xx

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh yum. I may just make these. They look so buttery and yummy :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend giving these a go, they taste too good! xx

      Delete
  6. These look so delicious! I just want to eat some right now! ;)

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! They look so good... I could reach through my laptop screen and take one ;) Thanks for sharing the recipe, will give these a go!

    Jess xx

    eversurreal.com | bloglovin.com/blog/12771113

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies look amazing, I'm going to make some tomorrow!

    Rambling Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look INCREDIBLE! So so yummy. I may need to head out and get some ingredients and try these out.

    Amanda / Amanda's Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd highly recommend giving them a go! Seriously yummy!! xx

      Delete
  10. I'll try them this afternoon!! They look yummy :)

    www.wednesday19th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look incredible!! I am definitely going to try them over the next week, yummmm.
    Natasha x
    bellesplash.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yay I'd love to see them if you give them a go :) xx

      Delete
  12. they look really good! i adore a nice cookie recipe!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I love some of your baking recipes :) xx

      Delete
  13. These look amazing, and simple to make! I'm always on the look out for new cookie recipes - I had the perfect one at one point, but lost it and can't get them quite the same since. Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah xx hereyoume.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were delicious I highly recommend this recipe! Maybe it will be a good replacement for the one you lost! Xx

      Delete
  14. Trust me I am an awful cook/baker too but these were surprisingly easy to make! I'm searching for more easy recipes now xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW these look so yummy! I hate dieting :( I'm now craving warm cookies!!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this could be your treat food and just have it occasionally in your diet :) xx

      Delete
  16. These look amazing! So want cookies now :)

    http://madnessbymeg.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really want cookies now too as this batch has all gone! xx

      Delete
  17. I hate mixing sugar and butter together. I'm just rubbish at it so I'm jealous of the electric whisk!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like doing it either, the whisk is actually my dads so i'm glad he had it! xx

      Delete
  18. I am SAVING this recipe! they look amazing! Thank you for sharing :)

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh by the way how many cookies does this make?
      x

      Delete
    2. Yay glad you found it useful! This makes 12 large cookies. You could make more smaller ones though xx

      Delete
  19. They look absolutely delicious! I will definitely have to give your recipe a shot! xx

    www.missashleighmonique.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh these look SO yummy! :)
    I definitely need to have a baking afternoon one day soon!

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! And yes you should, baking is so fun and this recipe isn't difficult :) xx

      Delete
  21. Oh gosh, I'm on a diet and this has made me crave cookies! :o
    Raffles Bizarre Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh dear, they look rather yummy! My diet stomach is growling at the sight.
    Raffles Bizarre Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i know, i hate looking back at this recipe as it makes me want to make a million more xx

      Delete
  23. Looks really yummy! I loove baking, and these seem to be easy peasy :) I will definitely try it out x

    ReplyDelete
  24. these.are.making.my.mouth.water!! I know I've just commented on the biscuit post but oh my you are killing it with the sweet treat recipes! I am definitely going to be making these. x

    http://www.marashares.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I'm sure you'll love them if you do make them! Xx

      Delete
  25. This is a brilliant recipe! I have just made them myself they're in the oven now! Hopefully they taste as yummy as they look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh that's so great to hear! I hope you like them :D xx

      Delete

I reply to every comment i receive, so feel free to leave one as i loooove reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Wanderlust Leah | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig