Friday 18 July 2014

Race for Life & NOTD!

On Sunday I participated in the Race for Life for the 6th year. Every year I really enjoy it, as it is an event filled with determination to one day beat cancer. It is very moving to see how much cancer affects so many people, as you wear a sign on your back saying who you are running the race for.




The race is 5km and I managed to complete it in 30 minutes which is our personal best! Before the race started it was tipping it down with rain, thankfully the rain stopped as the race began!




3000 people took part in just my event alone! An estimate of around £80,000 is set to be raised from this one event, which is an incredible sum of money for such a great charity, that really helps to make a difference.

The great thing about this race is that it is not only very beneficial, but is also very fun to participate in, as most people go all out in pink for the event!




Now onto my NOTD! I decided to doll up my nails all ready for the occasion! I used my bundle monster stamping plate to add the Cancer Research ribbons to my nails! I decided on using lots of pink to really get in to the spirit of things!




I definitely recommend giving the Race for Life a go, as it is so rewarding and it's great to feel you have been a part of contributing towards the research into beating cancer. It doesn't matter how big or small the amount you raise in sponsors is as every penny counts!

Thanks for reading Xx


Liked this post? You can follow me on Bloglovin here!

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. Ah well done on the race. Such a lovely thing to do! Your nails are gorgeous too! x
    lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful NOTD and congrats on running that race. You must be on cloud nine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It is such a good cause, my mum ran it last week x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on doing Race for Life. I have done it in previous years and it truly is a great feeling once you've finished; the support there is amazing and you've done some good for charity :o)

    ||emsylou.blogspot.co.uk||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah it's great when you finish, makes you feel good! xx

      Delete
  5. Love the nails! I've always wanted to take part in the race. Perhaps the next one! x

    www.beautiboe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look amazing that's sooo cool!
    Congrats on finishing the race hun
    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on doing this! You should feel so proud and accomplished :) Your nails are adorable, by the way!

    www.goldilocksnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing, well done for doing that! Love your nails, by the way x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for running race for life, I've never done it myself but do want to. The nails look amazing too, I've got one of those nail art plate things but I'm not very good at using it!
    Tash | Ballet, Dance & Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should it's great fun! I wasn't very good with the stamping plates to begin with, but i kept practising and have slowly got better! Xx

      Delete
  10. Job well done!! What a great reason to run :) & a great, great cause!! Nice nails too I like how you went all out with them! They look awesome!

    Cat ♥ CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is really great what you do ! I love the fact that you chopped off your hair for charity !

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC ?? let me know on my blog www.moonshineandsunlight.com and i'll follow you back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sure, thanks for leaving your link i'll go check out your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  12. I did Race For Life this year, and it's such a lovely event for a brilliant cause! The nail art is amazing too!

    - ellabellemin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! Such a great thing to do! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  13. Good for you for doing race for life so many years on the trot! I did it once and it was an amazing and inspiring day, everyone comes together and all the ladies in pink are so supportive of all of the other women doing their bit. Your nails are AMAZING!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree it is such an inspiring day xx

      Delete
  14. Well done! Such a lovely thing to do for such a worth cause :) Love your nails too :)
    xxElise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for leaving the link to your blog :) xx

      Delete
  15. Love your nails!!
    Such a great thing to do towards such a worthy cause so well done you!

    throughchloeslens.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I took part in race for life at chester race course, were you there?! Xx

    http://lauraemie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No i didn't run at chester, but i hope you had a great time! Xx

      Delete

I reply to every comment i receive, so feel free to leave one as i loooove reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Wanderlust Leah | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig