Friday 11 July 2014

LUSH Dragon Egg Bathbomb REVIEW!

Well hello my new obsession! It's crazy to say i have never used a lush bath bomb before, and unfortunately i think i tried the nicest one ever, so now i am addicted for life. So i decided on the Dragon Egg bomb, as the name sounded awesome and it smelt really good! It is also called a 'bath ballistic' so i knew i could expect something entertaining to watch when i popped it in the bath.



This bath bomb is huge, and you definitely get what you pay for from this product! In fact you could cut it in two if you wanted to make it last longer, however there is an amazing orange core that explodes in the bath and creates a gorgeous swirly orange pattern - so it is much prettier left in one piece.



When you pop this in the bath, initially it produces white foamy bubbles. Then it explodes with orange, creating an amazing swirly pattern as it spins around the bath. I think there is some kind of popping candy like substance in it as it makes a crackling sound as it dissolves. There is also golden glitter that floats all throughout the bath. Then finally the colourful confetti falls out of it. Now you have got to admit it does sound like a cool bath bomb, right?



The scent of this bomb is absolutely fabulous! To me it smells like sherbet lemon and it fills the whole bathroom, plus it lasted on my skin until the next day which was great. Whilst in the bath my skin felt silky smooth, unfortunately it didn't last when i got out of the bath, but that's not a big problem as i have moisturiser to do that.

The only negative i can think of for this bomb is that it does leave quite a lot of glitter in the bath afterwards, however a quick wipe around the bath after you are out will easily clear it up.

The lowdown -
❤ Would i repurchase? Absolutely! It would probably be a treat purchase as it is £3.25
❤ Rating out of 10? 10! By far my favourite bath product!
❤ Would i recommend it to a friend? I already have raved about it to my friends!

What do you think?

Thanks for reading Xx

Liked this post? You can follow me on Bloglovin here!

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

43 comments

  1. Aww the glitter! I live in a dorm, so I doubt I'd want to do this to the communal bathtub. However, I'll definitely pick this up when I'm at home for the holidays. Love dragons; I've been obsessed since forever, so I'm definitely on the hunt for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah the glitter may be annoying in a shared bath, but I definitely would recommend you picking it up when you are home! I'm sure you will really like this bomb! :D xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this one yet but it looks great! It's very pretty ^.^

    niamh / niamhsdream.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great, it looks and smells so nice! Thanks for leaving a comment xx

      Delete
  3. Love these! The glitter can be a pain but is worth it every once in awhile :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the glitter can be annoying, especially as you are all relaxed getting out and then you have to stand there scrubbing the bath haha. It is a nice treat once in a while though :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great review, I love this bath bomb from lush!

    www.beautiboe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want to try out some other ones now! Xx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow it looks so pretty when it melts - you've captured it perfectly!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look really pretty! And thank you! Xx

      Delete
  6. Ah I can almost smell this through the computer screen - it looks heavenly! You've made me want to rush out to the nearest Lush store and stock up on all their bath bombs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is so lovely smelling! After using this i wanted to run out and stock up too lol! Xx

      Delete
  7. looks awesome, i need to try some of those!

    xx danielle
    fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lush bath bombs I can't resist buying one every time I walk past the shop! I love this bath bomb it's so much fun!
    x

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried any Lush products at all, I really need to! This one seems like a great place to start, though (Glitter! Sherbet lemon scent!), so I'll keep it in mind as a starter :D

    ~Becca // rjtmisti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend this as a first lush product as it is fab! There are so many awesome features to it xx

      Delete
  10. Love Lush products! I haven't ever tried this one before but I definitely will be doing now! x

    www.thefrancescadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lush too! You should try this out as it is great :) xx

      Delete
  11. Oh wow. That looks absoulutey gorgeous. I think I may need to try this out! x
    Kelly | Beauty and the Nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend it, it is so pretty to watch! Xx

      Delete
  12. That looks so weird haha i love it!
    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a mcflurry! hahaha. Lush bash bombs are just that - lush! I've not had one in a while so this has got me craving a bath bomb filled bath!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know they're lovely. I definitely would recommend picking this one up, when you want one next! xx

      Delete
  14. Great post! I can't get enough of Lush myself, they need to bring out some scented candles. I can't wait till nearer Christmas when the 'Snow Fairy' shower gel comes back out, I love that stuff : D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know i'm the same, i can't walk past without going in. That is a really good idea, i reckon the candles would smell amazing. Everyone always talks about Snow Fairy and i've never tried it, i'm definitely going to pick it up this year! Xx

      Delete
  15. Oooh this looks lush (pardon the pun!), I haven't tried it out yet but it looks like its definitely worth a try :)

    Great post :)

    www.theblossomcart.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it does look lush, this product definitely lives up to the brand name! It really is worth a try! Thanks for the comment :) xx

      Delete
  16. Hey! Just wanted to write a comment to say hello and that I love your blog :) I'm now following you! Have a lovely day xx

    Jane
    Poptarts Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get my lush on ASAP! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, trust me you'll want to add this one to your shopping list! Xx

      Delete
  18. Lush bath goodies are the best, i love them!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's frustrating that it leaves glitter in the bath, in my experience of other bath bombs from lush (I'm yet to try this particular one) the glitter tends to dissolve on contact with skin or after a while in the water!

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a bit annoying, it easily cleans up though. This one seems to have a lot of glitter in comparison to other bath bombs i've used from Lush so maybe it's just this one! Xx

      Delete
  20. i love this! it looks and smells great quite relaxing

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is really relaxing! The smell is awesome too! Xx

      Delete
  21. I love this bath bomb!! It's smells so nice! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

I reply to every comment i receive, so feel free to leave one as i loooove reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Wanderlust Leah | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig