Friday 12 June 2015

Slendertoxtea Review!

Tea detoxes have been quite a craze for a while now, and i can kind of understand why. I mean, drinking one mug of tea on a morning and night (which most people do anyway) and potentially losing weight, reducing bloating and increasing your metabolism from it. It sounds like the perfect product!


HOW I GOT MY HANDS ON SLENDERTOXTEA:
I recently took part in the BLOGGERS LOVE event which was such a fun night and was the perfect way to chat to fellow bloggers and to be introduced to brands i hadn't heard of before. I was kindly gifted Slendertoxtea's 14 Day Detox to try for myself. However they have an easily accessible website if you fancy a look for yourself.

INGREDIENTS:
Slendertoxtea contains Large Hawthorn, Red Bean, Sterling Bean, Green Tea, Radish Leaf, Camellia Seed, Fennel Seeds, Camellia Flower and in the Sleeptox it contains one extra ingredient - Valerian Root.

BENEFITS:
-Aids weight loss
-Improves metabolism
-Increased energy
-Colon cleansing

MY EXPERIENCE:
The first couple of days weren't that great if i'm honest. I kept having stomach aches and the product has a ahem...laxative effect. I did however notice that it helped with bloating and i did feel a bit more energetic. However, I've decided to give it a rest with the detox for a while because to be honest, i just don't think it's well suited to me. I think this product could definitely work if you want to lose some weight, but remember it's not a long term thing! If you accompany this with a good diet and exercise then you will see great results, as this is a good starting point for weight loss and they have a free diet plan on their website that you could pair the detox with!

I was very appreciative to try this product as it was something that i have been looking into for a while. However i don't think this one was right for me, but you don't know unless you try!

Thanks for reading Xx

Liked this post? You can follow me on Bloglovin here!

Follow on Bloglovin
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I've heard a few people say that these tea toxes cause cramps and have laxative effects so you're not the only one. I think I'm going to stay away and stick to just drinking plenty of water and exercising. Thanks for the honest review x

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think a good exercise plan and drinking plenty of water is always beneficial! Xx

      Delete
  2. I tried this a year ago and also noticed the laxative effect - but tbh, I still really liked it. After the 14 days I felt much less bloated, and I think these are good for 'flushing' out the toxins, so to speak..! I'm thinking of buying another 14 day supply for the two weeks before my holiday next month, but I understand why they're not for everyone :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting to know because I guess it does work well at flushing out toxins! I may give it another chance soon as you've gave me a different perspective of it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hey I tagged you do the Love/Hate Tag :) Here is the link to my post
    http://ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/lovehate-tag.html

    Ella xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know a single person who didn't find this had the same effect on them. I'm not a fan of these so called 'detoxes'. The body doesn't need it, that's why we have a liver. And it takes more than a tea to help someone lose weight in a healthy way. So glad you were honest about your experience though!

    Keeley x
    www.phatcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, it was really interesting to read. I agree, and I think they could be a good starting point for a diet but not a long term plan for someone xx

      Delete
  5. I did a review of this a week ago. I had the same problem with the cramps!
    It isn't worth it as the more I got into it the worse it got!
    It also stops the pill working, just to let you know!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go over and take a read of your review now then, thanks for leaving your link! It's always good to know you weren't the only one xx

      Delete
  6. There are a few of these teas about and I'm in two minds about them, it seems for every rave review there will be someone like yourself who had a bad experience :S
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes some people have had great experiences with them, which is why i don't want to put people off trying them. But i have to be honest about my personal experience and it wasn't for me xx

      Delete
  7. I'm just not sure about these teas, I think it's fine if they are all natural, but I've heard bad things about them (not this brand!)

    Thank you for the review, its always helpful to get an honest review!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I think tea detoxes are one of those products you just have to try for yourself and see if it works for you :) xx

      Delete
  8. I read a lot of mix opinions about tea detoxes. I think you get better results with exercise and maybe a juice detox, that`s what I do. Maybe some of them work, but until you find the one I don`t think it`s worth it. Really enjoyed your review and the fact that you were so honest about it.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get into doing more exercise, so i might try a juice detox to go with it. Thanks for the recommendation :) xx

      Delete
  9. This was such a great honest review! I have seen a lot of these about and never really got the hype or urge to try them as I just think you can't beat a good ole' cup of tetleys to be honest haha! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes i love a good cup of tea :D xx

      Delete
  10. I've seen a few people trying this recently and I'm so pleased you gave such an honest review, I definitely don't think it would be for me although I always find these things interesting to read about :) I've seen lots of people saying how amazing a glass of lemon water each morning is for a happy tummy and reducing bloating so I'm thinking of giving that a try.
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the idea! I've never thought of having lemon water in the morning before, but i bet it would be really beneficial :D xx

      Delete
  11. That's the only thing with tea-foxes - they need a laxative effect in order to work. I don't blame you for giving up - sticking to a healthy diet and exercise is much better for you!

    Interesting review though, thanks for your honest opinion!

    Emma xx || Her Glamourati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i definitely think that a good diet and exercise is more beneficial especially in the long term. xx

      Delete
  12. Great post! I love your blog and have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. You can check my post to see how the award works here
    http://ellaselement.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Ella xx

    ReplyDelete

I reply to every comment i receive, so feel free to leave one as i loooove reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Wanderlust Leah | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig